International HACCP Alliance (IHA) Approved
This two-day workshop focuses on the maintenance of an effective HACCP Program. Experienced and knowledgeable instructors provide an in-depth review of a variety of Food Safety/HACCP Programs including HACCP prerequisite programs, Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA), HARPC vs. HACCP, validation vs. verification, FDA compliance, foreign material control, allergen management, standard design, supplier management and much more. This workshop allows attendees to interact directly with the experts. The agenda will vary based on the current food safety issues, FSMA updates and the needs of the actual attendees based on their industry sector.
As with all D. L. Newslow & Associates, Inc. courses, the attendees are encouraged to bring their company’s HACCP program and any questions that they may have. Since everything is confidential, they may also utilize real world examples from their own company for case studies. Regulatory HACCP (USDA – meat and poultry; FDA – 100% juice and seafood) is available upon request.
Who Will Benefit
Food safety managers, plant managers, food safety team leaders, line supervisors, HACCP/food safety team members, QA & QC managers, SQF practitioners, management system associates (i.e. ISO, FSSC, SQF, BRC, etc.), and any associate having responsibility for the food safety HACCP programs, regulatory, and/or FSMA compliant programs.
What You Will Learn
- Food Safety/HACCP/HARPC overview providing best practices & practical applications related to food safety
- Food safety management system overview, FDA compliance and other regulatory issues
- Review of the preliminary steps and the seven principles (Twelve step HACCP approach)
- Enhanced understanding of prerequisite programs / preventive controls and their role in effective HACCP Programs
- Clarification of verification versus validation and how these terms relate to an effective Food Safety HACCP Program
Registration includes all course instructional materials, professional certificates with the IHA gold seal, snacks, drinks, and lunches (full training days).
A prerequisite for this course is attendance to a basic HACCP course preferably approved by the IHA or equivalent. Please provide a copy of your certificate or other proof of attendance.