This two-day workshop focuses on the SQF management system fundamentals. This course also addresses food safety and quality requirements necessary for compliance. Attendees learn how to define, implement, and maintain compliant HACCP and SQF management systems within their own organization. Compliance with the SQF Code provides a practical solution for businesses who are suppliers for local and/or global food markets.
Prerequisite: Attendees must be able to show proof (through a copy of your certificate) that you have already attended an approved HACCP training.
YOU WILL LEARN
- How to develop, verify, validate and maintain the various elements of Food Safety Plans & Quality Plans related to requirements of the current SQF Code
- An understanding of the requirements for HACCP Programs in compliance with SQF Code requirements
- An understanding of the SQF Code, Food Sector Categories, SQF vocabulary
- How to identify the SQF elements and mandatory requirements for SQF Practitioners & Consultants
- How to perform internal audits of the SQF management system
- Internal audit techniques (best practices) that, when applied effectively, can add value to your organization
- The certification requirements of SQF management systems
- How to prepare for an SQF Certification Audit
WHO WILL BENEFIT
A must for suppliers, consultants, food processors, packaging manufacturers, trainers and anyone else interested in learning about SQF, becoming an SQF Practitioner or assisting your organization in becoming SQF Certified. This course covers the requirements for SQF Practitioners and for SQF Consultants.
Course instructional materials, professional certificates, lunch and snacks are included. Please contact us if you have questions, or would like information on available discounts. We can also design a workshop specifically for your organization and present it at our training center or at your site.
There is an optional exam offered after this class for anyone who wants to become certified by SQFI. There is an additional fee for this exam. Since the exam is offered online, attendees are able to register and take the exam on their own. If interested, please let the instructor or our office know so that we have the information available for you at the conclusion of this workshop.