Dorothy Gittings joined D. L. Newslow & Associates, Inc., as a Senior Associate. Dorothy is an honors graduate from the University of South Florida. She has many years of experience in quality assurance, quality management systems, food safety systems, HACCP, GMP, and compliance audits. Dorothy is an ASQ Certified Quality Auditor and ASQ Certified HACCP Auditor.
Dorothy is a senior member of the American Society for Quality and a qualified instructor for International HACCP Alliance. Dorothy is currently in the process of obtaining IRCA Certification; having successfully completed IRCA recognized QMS Auditor (ISO 9001/Lead Auditor Training Course) and IRCA-recognized Food Safety Management Systems (ISO 22000) Auditor/Lead Auditor Training Course. Dorothy is trained in HACCP principles and played a key role in implementing 21-CFR 120 (Juice HACCP) at company-owned and contract packing facilities. She has performed over 100 Coca-Cola Quality Systems Audits including gap assessments, certifications, and surveillance audits. (The Coca-Cola Quality System meets the requirements of ISO 9001:2000 based on documented analysis of the program by LRQA and SGS.) Dorothy’s strengths include management system and compliance auditing and hands-on implementation and maintenance of effective, value-added quality and food safety-based programs.
Dorothy also has a passion for developing training tools specifically geared to assist the client. Her job responsibilities will include coaching and feedback, module and protocol training, and classroom training. Dorothy recently accepted early retirement from the Coca-Cola Company after 24 plus years which included an impressive sampling of quality and food safety based responsibilities.
These responsibilities included:
- Quality Assurance Supervisor for Citrus Operations
- Quality Assurance Technical Account Manager for contract packaging facilities
- Developed GMP training programs and performed GMP audits
- Developed procedures and audits that reduced costs of contract packing facilities
- Responsible for performing Qualification Inspections for potential clients/suppliers
- Provided Quality oversight for start up and commissioning new packing facilities
- Developed and monitored the commissioning of new processing systems, equipment, products, and packaging materials
- Organized and executed an effective quality system, process, and product audits for packaging suppliers, company and contract manufacturing facilities, tanker wash stations, ingredient and finished product warehouses, and retail outlets
- Developed an auditing pilot for thermal processing, including classroom materials and tools which were then developed into web-based courses for training auditors globally
- Extensive experience in developing audit procedures and modules Dorothy is based in the Houston, Texas area (Hockley, TX)