This two-day workshop focuses on the most current version of the Safe Quality Food Institute’s food safety fundamentals and codes (formerly titled Levels 1 and 2). This course also addresses changes made to the divisions between food safety and quality requirements in SQF and the best way to integrate these with the current food safety and quality management system. Participants will receive a detailed understanding of the most current version of SQF, including the most up-to-date vocabulary, Food Sector Categories, and an overview of auditing and certification of SQF systems. We will cover the differences between Edition 9.0 and Edition 9.1. You will also learn techniques for value-added internal audits.
Course content includes a strong foundation to help meet the requirements of the SQF Practitioner, who must understand the SQF Food Safety Code for Manufacturing and the requirements to implement and maintain an SQF system relevant to the site’s scope of certification.
Course curriculum includes a review of the SQF revised requirements and the relationship of these with the seven foundational rules of the FDA Food Safety Modernization Act, or FSMA (2011). Our highly-qualified instructors have years of experience with the SQF system in both certification body administration and industry compliance. We offer insight you won’t find anywhere else.
Who Will Benefit
A must for suppliers, consultants, food processors, packaging manufacturers, trainers and anyone else interested in learning about the most recent edition of the Safe Quality Food Institute’s GFSI-approved certified program (Edition 9.1). Also, those of us who want to ensure we meet the foundational requirements set forth for the Food Safety Team Leader or Practitioner.
What You Will Learn
- How to develop, validate, verify, and maintain the various elements of SQF-compliant Food Safety & Quality Management Systems.
- A thorough review of HACCP Plans and their place in the overall management system structure.
- Understand the changes made to the most current version of SQF, including new Food Sector Categories and updated vocabulary.
- Identify the SQF system elements and mandatory requirements, as well as strategies for compliance in your individual situation.
- How to develop, implement and maintain a single system that is compliant with requirements from SQF, customers, regulators, etc.
- Value-added internal audit techniques applicable to any organization.
- The certification requirements of the SQF Food Safety Code for manufacturers, with overviews of other Codes available upon request.
- How to prepare for an SQF Certification Audit.
The course fee includes all training materials, snacks, drinks, lunch and professional certificate of completion.
Use registration corporate code 325072 to register at the Drury Inn and Suites to get our corporate rate (www.druryhotels.com).
If you are interested in having us present a workshop specifically designed for your organization at your own site, please call us at (407) 290-2754.