The focus of this two-day workshop is on reviewing fundamentals and basic steps critical for internal auditors. This includes forming and asking questions, opening and closing meetings, writing non-conformances, preparing reports and an introduction to process auditing. Auditing concepts are applicable to numerous internal and external auditing approaches, including those compliant with HACCP, GFSI approved schemes (i.e. FSSC, IFS, BRC, SQF, etc.), ISO standards, and specific company second party (i.e. suppliers, corporate programs, etc.) standards and protocols. Class content and specifics are adapted based on the needs of our workshop attendees, as well as, case studies discussed are focused on their particular industries. The standard currently used by the company or the future standard to be implemented is also discussed during this workshop. Debby Newslow, primary instructor, shares her insights based on her first-hand experience and information gleaned from her latest book, a CRC Press publication: Food Safety Management Programs: Applications, Best Practices, and Compliance.
Who Will Benefit
Audit Program Managers, Plant Managers, ISO responsible Team Leaders, Management Representatives, Food Safety Team Leaders, SQF Practitioners, FSSC, SQF, BRC, IFS team leaders, internal audit team members, line supervisors, compliance specialists, quality control managers, quality assurance managers and any other associates interested in enhancing their skills for managing and participating in effective internal audits. This workshop focuses on the needs of each individual attendee in regards to their company, industry sector and specific standard of interest.
What You Will Learn
- An overview of basic auditing techniques
- How to develop and maintain an effective internal audit program for your organization
- An introduction to and greater understanding of basic process auditing techniques
- Common noncompliances identified during an audit
- Identifying and documenting nonconformances during an audit
- Case Studies and group discussions on various applications and best practices
- Auditing protocol based on external standards (GFSI approved schemes, ISO Standards, second party audits, etc.)
Workshop hours are from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Course instructional materials, professional certificates, lunch, beverages and snacks are included in the cost.