SQF and FSMA: A Balancing Act
2 Day Workshop
This two-day workshop focuses on the most current version of SQF food safety fundamentals and the SQF food safety code for manufacturing (formerly Levels 1 and 2) and how they relate to the Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA). This course also addresses changes to the codes for food safety and quality requirements in SQF and the best way to integrate these with a FSMA-compliant Food Safety Plan. Attendees will receive a detailed understanding of SQF, including the most up-to-date vocabulary and Food Sector Categories. We will focus on techniques for merging SQF-based food safety and quality management systems with the most recent FDA statutory and regulatory requirements. Participants will even receive an overview of auditing and certification of SQF systems and learn how to perform internal audits of the SQF management team.
Who Will Benefit
A must for suppliers, consultants, food processors, packaging manufacturers, trainers and anyone else interested in learning about how to integrate SQF and FSMA requirements into a single Food Safety and Quality Management System.
What You Will Learn
- How to develop, validate, verify, and maintain the various elements of SQF and FSMA Food Safety & Quality Management Systems.
- A thorough review of HACCP Plans and their place in both SQF and FSMA.
- An enhanced understanding of the most current version of SQF, including Food Sector Categories & SQF vocabulary.
- Identification of the SQF and FSMA system elements and mandatory requirements.
- How to develop, implement and maintain a single management system that is compliant with both SQF and FSMA.
- A compare-and-contrast evaluation of SQF and FSMA requirements.
- Value-added internal audit techniques applicable to any organization.
- How to prepare for an SQF Certification Audit and/or FDA regulatory inspection.